Wednesday, June 11, 2008

6 Months

Alli is six months today. We took her to the doctor for her check up and her dreaded shots. She's healthy as a hog. A hog in the 6% in weight and 42% in height. Yeah, I know the 6% sounds kinda bad, but the doctor isn't worried about it. I guess her height to weight ratio is okay. He says she has good muscle tone and chubby little legs, so looks healthy, just small. He said dynamite is small too. He kept calling her dynamite, it was kinda funny.


Things she loves:
-EATING, she loves food, all food. I have given her sweet potatoes, applesauce, bananas, and carrots. She loves it. However, she has been a little backed up (if you know what I mean)
-Sleeping, thankgoodness. I'm a sleeper myself and Alli loves it as much as me. She's pretty routine, we like to get her to bed around 9pm and she wakes up at 7am to eat then goes right back to sleep til 10ish.
-People, she's starting to get sick of us I guess cause she loves any new people. She'll be in the middle of a melt down and if someone looks at her, she flips the switch and is all smiles. Jeff calls her bipolar
-Baby Einstein, I put her in her little papasan chair and put on Baby Motzart so I can get ready. And she immediately starts sucking her thumb and playing with her hair. Which leads me to the next one...
-Playing with hair, she still sucks her thumb but she's added twirling hair. She'll reach her hand up and a feel around and if she can't find any, she settles for her long patch she has in the back. My dad has thick, coarse curly hair and she really likes it. I say this all the time, but it's so funny that she's only 6 months old and already has weird little habits.
-Rolling over, she's now rolling over both ways. However, she favors rolling to her left. We really have to keep an eye on her now cause she can really move.

Well, there's more, but Jeff's pressuring me for the computer. We don't have any pictures yet, she's had a rough day. So we're going to try to get some tomorrow.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

She is such a cutie! 6 months already! Geez! :) Brynlie had a hair obsession too. If she is sad she still just wants to hug my hair. haha! They are so funny!
Glad to hear she is doing so dynamite! :)

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Haha first of all Chelsey you are so funny and I love to read these little posts. Second, Alli is sooo cute! You have no idea how much I want to have a baby, especially after seeing your little girl. She's adorable.

Kate said...

She is such a doll, I love that girl and I haven't even met her. I do LOVE that she is in the 6%...pretty impressive. Don't worry girl, I am right there with ya :)

linds jo said...

a very merry un-birthday alli! isnt it amazing how fast the time goes? pretty soon everyone (well all the tactfull ones:) are going to start asking when the next one is coming...SOLUTION: give the bird.

we miss seeing you guys at the games!

Jason and Kimber said...

Alli is so cute--I am sure the 6 months have come and gone so fast. Hope things are going well!

Bowman Family said...

Alli and Ava could be best friends. Small and full of personality. What a cutie.

As for the headbands, my friend found them at www.hellomynameisheather.com, there is a horray for headbands link. Also Heather, the owner of the website, has many other cute ideas and she designs fabric which is really great. I love it all. Let me know if you can not find it. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do. Best part the pattern for the headbands is free.

McCartneys said...

She sleeps all night ?? Ugh! im so jealous. Emily is what 2 and she still doesnt sleep all night. Thankgoodness for baby einstein videos. They are still favorites at our house.
Alli is SO cute-- total Vanchiere!